Introducing the Montgomery Energy Connection Scavenger Hunt!
In celebration of October Energy Action Month, we are thrilled to launch this fun, self-paced exploration and discovery activity that is fun for all ages! The Scavenger Hunt signs are up!! They went up the week of October 26, 2020 and since this is a year long event, you have time to complete this hunt over the Fall, Winter, and Spring. Have fun!
Explore the many ways you can be more energy and water efficient in your daily lives, helping our environment while keeping more money in your pocket. Get to know our remarkable Montgomery Energy Connection Partners and discover your community!
What is a Montgomery Energy Connection Partner? Montgomery Energy Connection is a network of over sixty County agencies, local organizations, and businesses. Our goal is for us to all work together and help spread the message about home energy efficiency in our community.
It is easy to play, and the Scavenger Hunt will continue all year long! Simply visit a Scavenger Hunt location, hunt for the sign onsite, and text the customized code for steps to authenticate your visit. Play for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate from a participating Montgomery Energy Connection Partner by completing any Scavenger Hunt Circuit!
Complete any Circuit to win! We have grouped similar Scavenger Hunt locations to create a Circuit, and you only need to visit 5 locations within a Circuit for a chance to WIN! The first participant to complete a circuit each month will WIN a $25 gift certificate from a participating Montgomery Energy Connection Partner! All others will win a Circuit Prize Pack. With 5 Circuits to choose from, we have a group for all…Library, Pool, Senior, Rec Center, and a Leisure Circuit, which is filled with breweries, museums, and much more! Participants and households can only win once per Circuit, and we hope you collect all 5 or play on to become a Circuit Breaker!
For a complete listing of all Scavenger Hunt Partner locations and Circuit listings, please click here.
To view a MAP of the Scavenger Hunt Partner locations, please explore below:
Are you up to the Circuit Breaker challenge?
We challenge you to become a Circuit Breaker by visiting ALL 60+ participating Partner locations!!! WIN a $100 Partner gift certificate and receive the official Circuit Breaker t-shirt in a Montgomery Energy Connection Circuit Prize Pack – WOW!
Be sure to follow us on Instagram at @mcenergyconnection to hear about our 48-hour weekend Relay Races! Guess our weekend Relay Race location from our clue and images shared on Instagram. Simply snap a selfie in front of one of the provided images and #mecscavengerhunt by midnight each Sunday to receive your Relay Race Reward…shhhhhh, please don’t share where you are and spoil the game for others!
We hope you’ll join the Montgomery Energy Connection Scavenger Hunt and HAVE FUN!
The County urges our residents and visitors to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. If you visit any of the Scavenger Hunt locations, please keep six feet between you and others at all times, do not touch surfaces such as water fountains, and athletic equipment at park locations, and always wear your mask.
The COVID-19 Local Order does not allow for events or activities of more than 50 people so please refrain from congregating in groups.
This webpage describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Scavenger Hunt organized by the Department of Environmental Protection (“DEP”) and Montgomery Energy Connection (“MEC”), (the “Game”).
The object of this activity is for participants to learn about our partners’ energy and water efficiencies and learn how easy it is for them to also be efficient with energy and water usage in their homes. The game will provide Montgomery County residents and visitors the opportunity to connect with their community and explore the many ways they can also be energy and water efficient in their lives, helping our environment while keeping more money in their pockets. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
How to Play
4. To check in and authenticate a Scavenger Hunt location, Participants must text the provided customized code found on the bottom front of the on-site Scavenger Hunt sign to the provided toll-free number, also found on the bottom front of each sign.
5. A confirmation text will be returned to the Participant and request the Participant’s first and last name and, upon random selection, a selfie in front of the on-site Scavenger Hunt sign. Once the Participant’s full name information is returned via text, and possible on-site selfie, that location has completed the check in process.
6. Once a Participant finalizes check in at any 5 locations within an associated Circuit, the Participant will win a prize. Winners must share an email to coordinate prize distribution via mail.
7. The first Participant of each calendar month per year during the campaign to complete a Circuit will be awarded a $25 gift certificate from a participating Partner, while supplies last.
8. All other Participants completing a Circuit during a calendar month will receive a Circuit Prize Pack, containing MEC promotional items, while supplies last.
9. Participant and/or Households can only win once per Circuit per calendar year (October 1 – October 1). With 5 Circuits available, Participants can win up to 5 times per calendar year. Future year participation can only include participating partner locations that Participants have not visited and authenticated in prior years.
10. Participants who visit and finalize check ins at all participating 60+ Partner locations, will be commemorated as a Circuit Breaker and receive a $100 gift certificate from a participating Partner location, Circuit Breaker t-shirt, and Circuit Prize Pack, while supplies last.
11. Participants and/or Households can only become a Circuit Breaker once for the life of the Games.
12. Winners will be announced and congratulated on MEC Instagram upon approval of Participant.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning Participants will receive via mail:
Participation constitutes the Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Game, the Participant is representing and warranting that he/she/they has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Participant, DEP and MEC in relation to the Game. They govern the Participant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Participant, DEP and MEC and relating to the Game.